CAREER AND INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
DIRECTOR, CORPORATE & VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT
Position Summary: United Way of Greater Stark County (UWGSC) seeks a full-time Director, Corporate & Volunteer Engagement to lead its corporate and volunteer engagement programs. This creative and energetic individual is responsible for planning, managing and executing an engagement strategy that engages workplaces and volunteers in the work of UWGSC.
- Collaborate with Resource Development, Marketing and Community Impact staff to develop and execute the overall engagement strategy.
- Coordinate multiple small and large-scale volunteer activities for workplaces throughout the year.
- Organize and host group tours to funded programs
- Be the lead staff for a donor network that consists of leading a group of volunteers to execute a specific strategy by working with them to coordinate the activities that align with and fulfill their mission.
- Work with the marketing department to create promotional materials for all engagement activities.
- Plan volunteer opportunities around annual days of service and be the lead staff at those events.
- Manage the volunteer database and be a power user of it.
Qualifications/Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business area or equivalent experience.
- One to three years of experience in volunteer services, community relations, project management or a related field.
- Ability to multitask.
- Possess good time management skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other relevant software.
- Possess exceptional customer service skills and a friendly demeanor
- Strong communication and public speaking skills.
- Comfortable working with a diverse population; exhibiting cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and insured motor vehicle.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds.
For Consideration: The position is full-time, and salary will be commensurate with experience.
You can also send a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to:
United Way of Greater Stark County
Attention: Human Resources
401 Market Ave North
Canton, OH 44702
Applications will be accepted until November 16 at noon.
Your information will be kept on file for one year after receipt.
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Stark County is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions will be made on the basis of an individual employee’s qualifications, skill, ability, merit, potential, experience, and other factors which make each employee a valued asset of this organization. There will be no unlawful discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or above), disability, genetic information or veteran status in all employment practices, including hiring, firing, promotion, compensation, and other terms, privileges and conditions of employment. United Way will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local employment statutes, ordinances and regulations.
This Equal Employment Policy and Plan will be communicated to all relevant audiences. A copy of the Personnel Practices containing this policy will be given to each employee at the time of employment and will be discussed in the initial orientation of the employee.
All notices of job vacancies will include the words, “an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V” (minority/female/disabled/veteran). In addition, every effort will be made to notify all appropriate organizations, such as the Ohio Bureau of Employment Services, local social services agencies, colleges/universities/trade schools, sororities/fraternities, minority magazines, faith-based organizations, media, etc. of job vacancies.